The Lame Excuse Guidelines


We know why we ride. We love it. You can list the things that keep us coming back for more riding: the camaraderie; the banter; the speed; the fitness….its endless.

Over the years the Smooth Knobblies have also given a host of reasons why we SHOULD not or COULD not ride. Here are some of the Top Reasons Why We Could Not Ride:

The Oracles Weather Cock-Up: Chaps – it looks a bit iffy. I think I might go for a set of easy intervals in the spinning class…..
 



Wynands URTI (Upper Respiratory Tract Infection): My chest has been tight for 7 weeks…hopefully it clears next month.


Tony’s Legless Appeal: My legs are abso-lutely FU(KED!


Crackers Workflow Management Backlog: (Sent at 10:23PM) Guys. Too many folders to get through. Won’t make it.


Billy’s No Road – No Ride Stance: My MTB is in for a service (again? It’s been there for weeks now!) but if anyone is riding road?.....


Mandy’s Maneating Mantra: Ride tomorrow morning? I'm in. Yay! But I won’t be cycling….


Woody’s Checklist failure (after arriving): Would love to go, but I forgot my light/cycling shoes.
Twakkie and Moose win the “Least Days Absent” award.