Memory Shot

For those of you who need a dose of HTFU, may I recommend the Lighthouse2Lighthouse. It's a 2 day MTB that takes riders from Gansbaai (Danger Point Lighthouse) 85km down to Cape Agulhas Lighthouse. After overnighting in the pleasant Agulhas campsite you tackle the 98km back to Gansbaai the next day. The rule is that you are allowed the wind to aid you on one of the days. We had the wind against us on day 2 - and it was hours of murder! But I did manage to capture one memory in my mind that I won't ever forget: as we headed off the beach (that's right - there is quite a bit of sand riding!) Ethan ran alongside our group for some distance. Its not everyday that your son is able to run next to you on a race as unique as the L2L. This screenshot off my GoPro captures a part of the memory:

The Moose looks on as Ethan runs next to our group. We managed to end 25th overall...